I'm up.

Mark Hummel mhummel at pcug.org.au
Tue Aug 14 15:09:07 EST 2001

Hi everyone,

I worked it out. As far as I could tell, it appeared to be a question of
routing. By not bringing the interfaces up at boot time and setting any
default routes (except localhost), allowed the thing to work. I had
thought that when querying the table with 'route' that the table was
empty. Obviously something I missed.

Anyway, it appears to be all working now, thanks everyone for their help,

Mark.

P.S One more question if I may. What is the proxy I name for netscape?
The one given to me on the install is for IE. It works when I select
direct connection, though.

Thanks.