Sendmail gateway mailertable

Stephen Granger linux-boy at acenet.com.au
Tue Aug 14 11:21:36 EST 2001

Hi,

Finally got round try out the theory of trying to set a sendmail host (8.11.2)
up as a gateway for several domains. I have the DNS MX setup, the smarthost
DS setup in my host to be gateway-ed (cookie). I'm having issues though with
my gateway machine (sentry). I have created the sendmail.cf file to support
the mailertable feature, and the sentry sendmail.cf has the correct mailertable
details entered into it.

I'm not sure what to actually put in the mailertable file, and what else I may
need to include in other files, virtusertalble, relay-domains etc.

I thought it might just be something like this in the mailertable file

sentry.domain.art	esmtp:cookie.domain.art

though that just gives me a local configuration error, saying that the MX for
cookie.domain.art points back to sentry.domain.art .

Alot of the mailertable examples I've seen have this sort of setup

domain.flop	smtp:bing.domain.flop

That's not what I'm really looking for. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

TIA

Steve