Connecting to Transact

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Fri Aug 10 13:27:53 EST 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> While I took care to follow the desctructions for setting up a
> firewall and so far it seems to be working, it would be nice to
> know I have covered all the bases and haven't left anything open
> that shouldn't be open.

One very good idea is to nmap your machine from outside. If you don't
understand why a port is open, find out!

Additionally, tools like satan (probes for well-known holes) can be
useful.

While that sort of thing is still legal, of course.

> Antti

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\