mutt locking

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Aug 7 01:09:46 EST 2001

All

does anyone know how to get the mutt 1.2.5i with redhat 7.0 to work on a
system in which the mail spool and all the other mail files it deals with are
on NFS?

There does not seem to be a mutt_dotlock program seperate to mutt in redhat,
like there is in debian, I suppose it is compiled in.

However when I tried copying a mutt_dotlock program from debian to this redhat
box and running ./mutt_dotlock -t spoolfile ; echo $? it said 0, so seems it
should be fine.

However when I start up mutt it just beeps and complains about being unable to
write to the files.

        See You
            Steve

--