USB support

David Murn davey at vision.doa.org
Sun Aug 5 18:05:34 EST 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Arthur Chan wrote:

> I am way behind with upgrades. Found IomegaUSB250M not working with my
> trusty old Mandrake7.0, got a copy of Mandrake7.2 on the cheap still no
> support for USB.

Dont assume that just cos you get a new version of mandrake that it'll
have anything extra other than some more broken redhat config wizard
tools.

Try grabbing kernel source and compiling a new kernel with up-to-date
drivers.  As for the specific Iomega usage, check this URL (but Id suggest
using 2.4 rather than the backpatch.  http://www.oria.ch/USBZIP250/

> How about Firewire ?

Firewire is a whole different kettle of fish.

Davey