stopping moving gifs in mozilla?

Patrick Cole z at amused.net
Thu Aug 2 23:04:07 EST 2001

Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:40:37PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:

> Does anyone know how to stop moving gifs in Mozilla? I am using 0.9.1
> currently.
>
> There is nothing in the preferences dialogs about configuring use of moving
> gifs. Unlike in netscape communicator using the stop button or the esc key
> does nothing in Mozilla.
>
> I have searched in google and can find nothing, there is nothing I could
> easily find about this on the mozilla site either.
>
> I have to say I am really getting sick of the moving gifs moving all the time.

Galeon has the options to block images based on sites as well as disable
animated images. It may be worth grabbing it as it uses gecko and is ten times
faster than using mozilla and more feature rich in my opinion :)

--
Patrick Cole - Debian Developer    <ltd at debian.org>
             - Linux.com Volunteer <z at linux.com>