cron jobs

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Aug 1 16:25:29 EST 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Grant Morphett wrote:

> On a friends machine there is a cron job that runs every 4 minutes
> (fetchmail).  Now, I have looked everywhere and I can't find where
> this cron job is being run from.  I grep'd the entire /etc directory
> for the word "fetch" in any case and there is nothing in root's home
> directory (this cron job is run as root).

 - Could be running a "~/getmail.sh" script or similar (i.e. grep
unsuccessful for odd reasons)
 - running fetchmail in daemon mode?
 - I assume that was a "grep -r".
 - strace crond (as root), see what it execs?

> cheers

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\