Toshiba Tecra780DVD

Chris Delfs delfs at ChemPC158.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 1 09:12:04 EST 2001

For what its worth.  I installed 7.1 on a ASUS laptop and when I started
X/KDE it gave the impression it had locked up.  After playing around I
found
that the video output was going to the jack on the back of the laptop and
not to the TFT display.  X would start then KDE would go through several
initialization steps.  When KDE hit the peripherals step the TFT display
would go blank but the monitor plugged in at back was fine.

--
Chris Delfs                                   Christopher.Delfs at anu.edu.au
Dept of Chemistry                             Ph +61-2-6249 3071