NFS problems using automount

Hjörleifur Sveinbjörnsson hjorleifur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:55:49 GMT 2006

well, this is maby not a solution, but...

I have several computers running on RH 7.3 and NIS+ but I never got the
automount to work (besides I read long time ago that it could be bad for the
server, but I don't know why).
2 weeks ago I installed Fedora Core 4 and after I set up the NIS+ (I did
make my own NIS+ install cd about 3 years ago and have never tried the NIS
setup that comes with the systems, just followed Thorsten Kukuk information
that he put on the web at the time)
and ran /etc/init.d/autofs start all the /net was automounted.  So I guess
that the main change was in /etc/auto.net

The rest of the automount is still not working, so I just use links to
/net/...  or just put the rest in /etc/fstab (like I do on the RH 7.3, and
don't use automount at all).

-Hjolli