Solaris NIS client...

G.Saravana Muthu gsmuthu at beceem.com
Thu Aug 25 19:12:46 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have NIS server running in Redhat (RHEL release 3) and configured
Solaris 7 as NIS client. From Solaris NIS client, some of the users
could login to the NIS server but others are not able to login.

As a root user from Solaris I could do su - to any user and it mounts
the home directory too. Any idea why some users are not able to login,
even though everyone has same permissions.

Regards,
GS Muthu.