RH EL3.0 Linux NIS+ Client and passwd table

Doug Staub rstaub at arrow.com
Sun Aug 22 20:56:08 GMT 2004

Has anyone installed NIS+ client on a RedHat EL 3.0 machine
successfully?  I have everything installed, however, with "keyserv"
running, followed by "keylogin -r", I am unable to view any of the
tables ("niscat auto_home.org_dir").  When I kill the keyserv daemon, I
am able to view the tables, but unable to login as a NIS+ user as the
result of a "nicat passwd.org_dir" displays "*NP*" where the password
should be.  Can anyone offer a suggestion or a method to troubleshoot
this?

Thanks in advance!

-Doug