NIS+ client on Redhat 9

wlwalker at datasync.com wlwalker at datasync.com
Fri May 16 02:55:33 EST 2003

I am working with a Solaris 8 NIS+ server, and a redhat 9 client.  I am able to niscat my passwd.org_dir, get good authenticated nisdefaults, but I am unable to su to a NIS+ domain account.  I am guessing that this relates to my pam.d login settings, but they don't look like the other example files that have been posted.
$ more login
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     pam_console.so
$ more passwd
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

Help?

Thank you,
Wendy