Nisplus problem diskless Suse8.1

Henrik Ridder henrik at team11.org
Wed Jun 4 21:41:03 EST 2003

Hi!

We have a system with Solaris 2.6 nisplus server and a SuSE8.1 server that is a
nisplus client.
Everything works perfectly.
Now I have a couple of diskless linux workstations that boots from SuSE server
and here nisplus dosen't work perfectly.

The diskless workstations boots ok. A user can login and auto.home is working
to.
The home-dir is on the Solaris server.
As root on the diskless workstations niscat passwd.org_dir works. I'll get back
the crypted password, but as the user I'll get back *NP*.

And if I as a user do "keylogin" I'll get back
"Could not set unix.xxxx at xxx.xxx.xx's secret key
Maybe the keyserver is down?"

But I know that isn't because as root it works!

And on the SuSE server it works for both user and root.
And if I connect a linux client with harddrive in and setup nisplus it also
works.

If anybody as tips I'll should be a very happy man. Because i'm banging my head
against the keyboard right now.

Thanks

/Henrik