NIS+ through NAT firewall

Ravi Kiran b_ravi_kiran at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 08:36:06 EST 2003

hello Gurus,

                  Has anybody successfully implemented NIS+ across NAT firewall?? I have a setup where clients(redhat linux 7.3) are behind a NAT linux firewall(uses iptables) and the server is on the other side of the firewall(solaris server). when I type niscat passwd.org_dir I get a NIS+ server unreaachable.

     Can anybody tell me clearly what transactions happen from start and on what ports in an order so that I can figure out what ports and protocols I have to allow through the NAT firewall.

Thanking you guys in anticipation,

ravi