Starting NIS+ on boot failing

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 20 09:54:51 EST 2003

What stage of the startup sequence are you trying to start keyserv? Is it
before, or after, you have started your time synchronisation daemon? Is it
before or after you start portmap?

I am not sure why you need to do a keylogin -r. Is there a /etc/.rootkey file
present before you start keyserv?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.