NIS+ Client Setup

Dirck Copeland dir at inel.gov
Thu Oct 24 02:09:33 EST 2002

I just joined this mailing list and was wondering if anyone is using the
NIS+ client with Linux Redhat 7.3 or higher? I am trying to configure a
client into our existing NIS+ environment and there is little or no
instruction on how to go about it for Redhat. I would assume it should
be exactly like setting up a Solaris client but that is where I am
asking for anyone elses experience. I entered the client into the domain
using the command:

nistbladm -a cname=optiplex name=optiplex addr=134.20.2.254
comment="Dell Optiplex RedHat Desktop - Dircks" hosts.org_dir

then I did:

nisaddcred -p unix.optiplex at telcom.inel.gov -P optiplex.telcom.inel.gov
des

and then on the client I issued the command (mustang is the root master
for the telcom domain):

nisinit -c -H mustang

and I get the following:

[root at optiplex nis-utils-1.4.1]# ./src/nisinit/nisinit -c -H mustang
Using 134.20.32.75 as NIS+ server...
(none).: Name not served by this server

Any help would be appreciated , Thanks,

******************************