very chatty clients sent 28June2002

Tom Wike t-wike at ti.com
Fri Nov 1 02:17:49 EST 2002

I wanted to share the comments from one of our NIS+ 'experts' on how
RedHat's NIS+ client implementation is affecting our NIS+ servers, if we
get more than a few hundered Linux NIS+ clients this could turn out to
be a serious problem for our network.

-Tom

Tom Wike                                        Email: t-wike at ti.com
ITS Design Systems Support                      Voice: 214-480-2272
Texas Instruments Incorporated                  Cell:  214-212-4497
12500 TI Boulevard, MS 8714                     Pager: 972-648-2012
Dallas, TX 75243-0592                           Fax:   214-480-7676