(no subject)

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue May 14 05:08:43 EST 2002

Ok,  Owe you a beer.  The guy who left supposedly enabled ntpd
everywhere, etc.  I manually ran ntpdate and bino the server is running
fine now.

Now I just need to get permission to modify production and get ntpd
working everywhere.

Thanks for a clean, straight up answer.

Thus spake Scott Croft (secroft at micron.com):

> Have you checked the ntp settings and verified the time on the client
> and server are sync'd.
>
> Scott
>
> On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 12:44, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >

> > I've got a client trying to access a server.  If I stop nisplus services
> > and do a "niscat passwd.org_dir" it shows my password file while hiding
> > the password entries.  If I start nisplus I get this:
> >
> > [root at bt2 log]# niscat passwd.org_dir
> > passwd.org_dir: Error in RPC subsystem
> >

> > A nisls gives me my domainname and the Error as well.  It was working
> > fine for about 8 months and seems to have just broken.
> >
> > The guy who build and ran our nisplus environment left without warning
> > and was very secretive.  It's now mine......
> >
> > Anyone have any thoughts off the top of your head or directions go to
> > for diagnostics?
> >
> > The server is Solaris 7 the client is RedHat 7.0.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> > :wq!
> > Robert L. Harris                |  Micros~1 :
> > Senior System Engineer          |    For when quality, reliability
> >   at RnD Consulting             |      and security just aren't
> >                                 \_       that important!
> > DISCLAIMER:
> >       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
> > FYI:
> >  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: