urgent nis+ help requested as deadline is near

Aaron Cheek aaron_cheek at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 23:39:29 EST 2002

> I would check 2 things first before doing what was
> previously suggested.
> Is your time sync'd up within 30 seconds of the NIS+
> server?
> Are you running keyserv?

You are right. That's a good thing to check.

However, I don't remember getting this message when
you are out of sync or with keyserv dead.

I just did the tests with keyserv dead and times out
of sync and with my current configuration you don't
seem to get that error.

In any case, as you say, it makes no harm to check, as
they are the most common problems.

Aaron