NIS/NIS+ APIs

Rashmi Agrawal rashmi.agrawal at wipro.com
Wed Dec 4 00:17:16 EST 2002

Hi All,

I was looking for a  a NIS kind of setup across the distributed network
for accessing some system files. NIS/NIS+ happens to be a good option
and I see that it already
supports switches for passwd,group etc which are standard files in any
UNIX system.

But if I want to use NIS/NIS+ services for my application specific files
which I might need to  access across the distributed network exactly the
same way I do for passwd, group etc,  is it possible?? If yes how can we
do it??

Any kind of input on this would be of great help.
Regards
Rashmi