a problem with dcop onlu on new users

J ji jabalio at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 02:57:32 EST 2002

Hello everybody,
i am a new student for system admin. I have replaced my old system
guy. I was trying to set up new user accounts in my lab which consists of
unix and linux machines , have NFS server set up with NIS+. for All the new
accounts that i set up i ran a script so that it would update the amd.home
file on all linux machines also. I have a big problem now that the new users
can still not login on the linux boxes it gives the follwing error :

" There was an error setting up inter-process communications for kde.
The messgae returned bythe system was .
Could not read network connection list.
/home/Thomas/.DCOPserver_shudder_:0 . Please check that the
  "dcopserver" program is running! "

  Here Thomas is the new user that i created and the machine's name is
  shudder.From my previous posts : Other users can login on the same
machine, I  also saw some posts about changing the rights it complains
about but, i saw my rights , they already are
lrwxrwxrwx 1 thomas mmrn 38 Aug 6 10:38 .DCOPserver_shudder ->
                         /home/thomas/.DCOPserver_thomas_:0

Also, otherusers have the same rights . I just dont know what i am doin
wrong for these new useraccounts that i created.

  There is a lot of havoc in the lab and people really have become hostile
because one of the new user is one of my boss. Please help me in this
regard. I would really appreciate it.                    Thanks in advance.
  Jeetu