Linux NIS+ RPM

John Aasen john.aasen at alcatel.no
Thu Apr 25 22:07:28 EST 2002

Jim,

Thanks a lot for the RPMs. I really needed them, and the installation of the
RPMs was painless.

They seem to do the job for me. I had some problems with nisinit. The script
is supposed to start and stop the NIS+ deamons a couple of times, and seems
to assume that you stand on the top of the nis-utils source directory. It
anyway failed some times for me trying to source ./etc/readhat.rc.
It was also unable to find the new nsswitch.conf.

But the initialisation seemed to go OK anyway.

I think it would be nice if you could get Thorsten Kukuk to place the RPMs on
his Linux NIS and NIS+ page. You anyway need to read the information there to
get NIS+ up and running.

John

John Aasen			john.aasen at alcatel.no
Alcatel  Norway			Tel: +47 22 63 83 09
Norkrets - Electronics Design	Fax: +47 22 63 81 80