Authentication failure

Dawe, Richard Richard.Dawe at riverstonenet.com
Thu Apr 25 01:44:40 EST 2002

Hello.

Leslie D Haynes wrote:
> I'm running Red Hat 7.1 and I am trying to set up NIS+. I am
> using the nis-utils 1.3 version with pam_unix2.so. I can do
> a niscat and view all the entries in the passwd file on
> the server, however I can not log in a user that is not
> already in the local password file. When I check the log
> (/var/log/messages) it states that an "Authentication
> failure" occurred. Any ideas?

Have you got the latest version of pam_unix2?

    ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/kukuk/pam/pam_unix2/

There was certainly one bug that stopped us from logging
in. This bug is fixed in the latest release, available
above.

Hope that helps, regards,

Richard Dawe, Software Engineer, Riverstone Networks, UK
richard.dawe at riverstonenet.com, http://www.riverstonenet.com/