[linux-cifs-client] mount.cifs w/ sec=krb5i still non-op when DC != Fileserver

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Thu Mar 4 00:25:24 MST 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:13:27 +0100 Harald Milz <hm at seneca.muc.de> wrote:
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2009-October/005391.html
> > (Required key not available).

> As far as I could tell in that email thread, the problem was that the
> server wasn't accepting service principals for all of its possible
> hostnames. What exactly are you proposing that we fix on the client
> side?

In our case we just need to make sure that the DC's TGT is accepted by the
fileserver, respectively we get a proper cifs/ principal. In case of
"smbclient -k" this works right (albeit this is not a cifs connection AFAIK),
just not in the case "mount -t cifs". What needs to be done technically I
can't tell.

--
When the weight of the paperwork equals the weight of the plane, the
plane will fly.