[linux-cifs-client] Slow Folder Traversal on One system, Fast on Another

Tanthrix tanthrix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:51:31 MST 2010

I tried with -o nounix and it too did not make any perceptible difference in
traversal time. So, I booted the older system off of the Ubuntu live cd
(same version that I used to setup my newer, slower machine) mounted the
share, and performed an ls -R a number of times. In each instance, it was
just as slow as my newer system. This pretty much rules out some sort of
hardware issue.

I will do as you suggested and get some captures from both systems, then
post them to see if that will yield some more information. Thanks.