[linux-cifs-client] Slow Folder Traversal on One system, Fast on Another

Tanthrix tanthrix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:45:24 MST 2010

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I just unmounted and remounted the share with -o noserverino, and it
unfortunately made no perceptible difference in the time it takes to
traverse. It still slowly spits out the list of files over 6-7 seconds while
my older system continues to take around 1/4 of a second.

Do you think I should attempt using a different ethernet card just to rule
out the possibility of that being to blame? This is a newer system with an
Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit onboard; it's working fine otherwise, but it's just a
thought. I think I've got a trusty Realtek RTL8139 lying around somewhere
that I could pop in if you thought it would be a worthwhile use of time.

Alternatively, I was thinking I might take the other system down and boot it
off my Ubuntu livecd. I could then mount the share, and see if it lists just
as fast when booting off of its regular drive with Arch installed. That
might shed some light whether it is some sort of hardware related issue.

Thanks again.