[linux-cifs-client] About seekable files.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:00:02 MST 2010

Hello,

I'm working on a construction which makes various resources like SMB
shares and USB devices direct available
It's based on a fuse module I've developed fuse-workspace-union and
the automounter for linux, autofs. Autofs takes care of the mounting.
Look at

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=85148

and

http://linux.bononline.nl/linux/create_workspace
http://linux.bononline.nl/linux/fuse-workspac

Now someone asked me that my construction supports seeking in files.
The context was the comparing of connections made through the
kioslaves in KDE, which do not support seeking.
I can imagine the problem, cause the kio slave kio_smb creates a
connection, not a mount.
The cifs filesystem creates a mount.
To be sure, I'm asking this here.
So, do the cifs fs support the seeking in files.

Thanks in advance,

Stef Bon