[linux-cifs-client] [GSoC 2010][RESEND] Questions on Improved async/vector i/o support, fscache integration, and VFS change notification

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 01:18:33 MDT 2010

Hello,

I've followed the discussion here with great interest.

For me, as developer of a construction to get easy access to all kind
of resources (not only smb but other netwerk services like ftp and ssh
as well, and of course local like usb) these items are very nice. This
constrcution is based upon
a fuse module and the automounter to do all the mounting. See:

http://linux.bononline.nl/linux/mount.md5key.new/

Especially the inotify feature. I'm working on making this work on
FUSE, which is not that easy (at least for me).
Inotify is not supported yet in FUSE, so filesystems based on FUSE do
not have a way to notify changes in the backend to the system.
But in general I think it's a good thing to investigate the possible
integration with fs-cache.

But that's FUSE, where can I follow the progress on the topics mentioned here?
I see something about GSoC 2010. Is there a project page??

Stef Bon