[linux-cifs-client] Problem mounting shares using mount.cifsl

Julian Thomé frostisch at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 28 11:16:58 MDT 2009

Hello Jeff,
> That's probably the problem. cifs.upcall is looking for the default
> credcache (/tmp/krb5cc_1003). pam_krb5 tacks those extra characters on
> the end and sets $KRB5CCNAME.
>
> Support for non-default credcaches is something only very recently
> added to cifs.upcall. You'll need the latest version of cifs.upcall
> from the samba master branch. There's no official samba release that
> has that support yet, but it should show up in samba 3.5.

Exactly this was the problem.
I changed the location of the ccache (from krb5cc_$UID_XXXXX to the
default ccache-location krb5cc_$UID) using the ccache-Option of the
pam_krb5-Module in the common-auth -file.

 .... ///pam_krb5/.o /ccache/=/tmp/krb5cc_%u ...

It works now :-)
Thank you very much !!
Greetings

Julian