[linux-cifs-client] Problem mounting shares using mount.cifsl

Jeff Layton jlayton at samba.org
Mon Sep 28 07:13:24 MDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:42:14 +0200
Julian Thomé <frostisch at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> thank you for answer !
>

> > ... If you run this, what does it say?
> >
> > $ klist | grep "Ticket cache:"
> >

> If i run:
> $ klist | grep "Credentials cache"
> the output is for example:
>     FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1003_dmNst2
>
> and/or running this command:
> $ echo $KRB5CCNAME
> has the same result:
>     FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1003_dmNst2
>
> I use Debian Lenny with mount.cifs 1.12-3.3.7 and Samba 3.2.5.
>
> Greetings, Julian

That's probably the problem. cifs.upcall is looking for the default
credcache (/tmp/krb5cc_1003). pam_krb5 tacks those extra characters on
the end and sets $KRB5CCNAME.

Support for non-default credcaches is something only very recently
added to cifs.upcall. You'll need the latest version of cifs.upcall
from the samba master branch. There's no official samba release that
has that support yet, but it should show up in samba 3.5.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at samba.org>