[linux-cifs-client] 2.6.31-rc8: CIFS with 5 seconds hiccups

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 18:55:48 MDT 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:27:57 -0400 (EDT)
Christoph Lameter <cl at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Jeff Layton wrote:
>
> > That sounds rather strange. Maybe we do have a bug of some sort? The
> > thing to do might be to get a binary capture of the 32-bit traffic
> > around the time of the stalls. We could then inspect the packets and
> > see whether we have something wrong in there.
>
> Capture attached.

Well, I can see the delays in the capture, but the snarflen for the
capture is a little too small to tell much else. Can you redo the
capture with a larger snarflen (maybe -s 512 or so)?

Also, were you able to tell anything from a server-side capture? Is the
server issuing oplock breaks at those times?

Cheers,
Jeff