[linux-cifs-client] Question on current stateofsec=krb5*integration in cifs.ko

Holger Rauch holger.rauch at empic.de
Mon Oct 26 07:14:08 MDT 2009

Hi Volker,

ok, did the same grep as below, but this time for "crypt". I now came
accross a parameter named

smb encrypt

Is that the right one (from the smb.conf man page it seems to be)?
Furthermore, "smb encrypt" seems to include *both* signing and
encryption, so one "smb encrypt" is set to mandatory, "server signing
= mandatory" should no longer be required, right?

Besides, why not rename "server signing" to "smb signing" for
consistency (would also make it easier to grep for it)?

Greetings,

	  Holger

Volker Lendecke schrieb am Monday, den 26. October 2009:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:56:42AM +0100, Holger Rauch wrote:
> > [...]
> > Does "server signing = mandatory" also include encryption? I did a
> > "testparm - v | grep server" and additional option containing
> > "encryption" was shown, so I guess "server signing" includes both
> > signing *and* encryption, right?
>
> No.
>
> Volker
Holger Rauch