[linux-cifs-client] Accessing CIFS DFS link for the first time

Q (Igor Mammedov) qwerty0987654321 at mail.ru
Fri Oct 16 08:37:15 MDT 2009

Suresh Jayaraman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The first access to a DFS link fails with -EREMOTE on a 2.6.27 based
> kernel (haven't tested on the recent one, but looking at the code it
> appears that the code in question has not changed).

More or less complete DFS support appeared in cifs branch with
 1bfe73c258addc388b90fe8c2c6bbc0f0c9c10dd
Before it only dfs submounts were supported and the dfs root had to be
a regular share.

Since then there were several fixes to it.
And it looks like the last merge by Linus with a DFS related fix is
 6cdb5930a6fa0e35b236f4aa0e056001fe1384b4

--

Best regards,

Igor Mammedov,
niallain "at" gmail.com