[linux-cifs-client] Getting CIFS ACLs larger than CIFSMaxBufSize

Sreekanth G gsreekanth at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:56:52 GMT 2009

Hi Shirish,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this not the problem with any trans2 command? According to the protocol,
if the server has more data than MaxDataCount, it replies with error
BUFFER_TOO_SMALL,
I could not find the code to handle this error in cifs client.
Are we assuming that the response size for any request from cifs server will
fall below CIFSMaxBufSize?

This is actually my doubt while understanding the code, I do not have the
traces yet.

Thanks
Sreekanth