[linux-cifs-client] Re: test status

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 19:44:58 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 14:39 -0500, Steve French wrote:
> It looks like this fails without your two inode patches as well,
> although it took a little longer.   I also updated the server to
> current git (samba master branch, Version 3.4.0-GIT-382a937-devel) and
> it still fails.   I am going to add some temporary debug code to dump
> the number of files we think are open (to dmesg on the client) when
> the error occurs.
>
> I didn't spot any interesting log entries (server side) yet.
>
> Near the time of the failure, running smbstatus on the server showed
> about 1000 open files (they rapidly decrease after that as the dbench
> processes exit and handles are freed).

Ok, good to know that it's not a regression.

Might also be interesting to get a wire capture of the run during the
time that the client starts returning errors and see whether the server
is sending ERRnofids. Maybe also a run of lsof against the smbd process
just to see whether it might have a ton of files open?