[linux-cifs-client] Re: cifs: remove "sockopt" mount option

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:44:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Christoph Hellwig<hch at infradead.org> wrote:
>  a) unused code should never go in
After discussion with me and Jeff, Shirish did not think the next
patch in the series was ready yet.  He told me he is working on it
now.  The next patch in the series uses the decode ASN_SEQ function.
The rest of the patch though was needed for the case of NTLMSSP mounts
to Windows Vista and Windows 2008 (not needed for mounts to XP and
earlier).

>  b) patches should go out to a mailinglist and reviewed.

I reminded Shirish to post his ASN patch (and all future patches) more
broadly, but he had sent out various versions of his patch via email.

Steve