[linux-cifs-client] hardlink patch series

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 20:55:09 GMT 2009

I have been reviewing Jeff's series of (large) patches for hardlink
fixup.   The only problem I have noticed so far is the rename error
path - we have cached inode information which could have stale inode
numbers for source and target (they could be up to 1 second old) so we
may incorrectly think that source and target are different inodes in
the EEXIST case (Jeff removed the logic which checks if source/target
inode numbers are the same on EEXIST).  It may not matter to current
Samba (more recent POSIX extensions) but still trying to check that

Steve