[linux-cifs-client] BUG: Possible cifs+IPv6-Regression 2.6.27.4 -> 2.6.27.9

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu Jan 22 17:02:57 GMT 2009

Hello Jeff,

> I think I may see the bug...
>
> I think the "addr" struct in cifs_mount is too small for ipv6 addresses.
> Here's a proposed patch for 2.6.27.y. Could you apply it and let me
> know if it fixes the bug?

Sorry, I was out of town, I'll build a kernel asap.

Stefan confirmed the bug (on i386 platform, apparently x86_64 did not
expose the broken behaviour) and the bug fixed at Ubuntu with your
patch. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/318565 . So I assume he
tested it and it fixed the problem, but I'll test as well myself.

Thanks!
Bernhard