[linux-cifs-client] Odd behavior with cifs and setfacl (posix ACLs)

Rob Henderson robh at cs.indiana.edu
Thu Feb 12 14:31:18 GMT 2009

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:40:52PM -0500, Rob Henderson wrote:
>
>> So, it really seems to only want me to set one or the other.  I am able
>> to set them both using either the local filesystem or nfs and, once set,
>> I can see them properly via cifs.  But, there seems to be some problem
>> with the setting of default acls via cifs.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> BTW, my testing has been with RHEL4 and RHEL5 samba servers and RHEL5
>> clients (with both the stock 5.3 kernel and 2.6.18-129.el5.jtltest.60).
>>

> What Samba server version ?
>
> Jeremy.

We are using the current version distributed with RHEL 5.3 which is:

    samba-3.0.33-3.7.el5

I also tested version 3.2.7 running on an RHEL5 system and got the same
results.  In all of my testing thus far, the cifs client system has been
running RHEL5.3 but I'm going to try some combinations of ubuntu client
and server to see it the problem spans distributions.

Thanks,

  --Rob