[linux-cifs-client] Mount Error = 11 Resource Temporarily Unavailable Solution

David Elliott David_Elliott at dcf.state.fl.us
Thu Feb 12 12:09:36 GMT 2009

After considerable research and hair pulling, the solution to this problem
for me was to shorten the username and password.

In my case a particular username that was thirteen characters long could
not mount and would result in error 11. As soon as I shortened it,
everything worked properly via the command line and via fstab.

David Elliott
Central Region IT Systems Project Administrator
Tel. 407-245-0490 x 711
Cell 321-239-6500

NOTICE:  Florida has a broad public records law.  Most written
communications to or from state officials are public records that will be
disclosed to the public and the media upon request.   E-mail communications
may be subject to public disclosure.