[linux-cifs-client] kernel crash - CIFS client unstable on faulty network conditions

Jeff Layton jlayton at samba.org
Wed Dec 2 18:28:53 MST 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:12:54 +0000
Gustavo Carvalho Homem <gustavo at angulosolido.pt> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > Dec  2 15:14:10 CGDWX08027093 klogd: ---[ end trace 93d72a36b9146f25 ]---
> > >
> > > -------------------------------------
> >
> > Hard to be sure from the info here but I think I might see the problem...
> >
> > Can you reproduce this at will? If you can, could you let me know
> > whether the attached patch fixes it? Note that I haven't even compile
> > tested it, but it's pretty straightforward.
>
> We can't reproduce this because we don't have rights over the windows
> infra-structure that got unstable. And I belive that it won't stay unstable
> for long :|
>
> We'll see if the symptom persists.
>
> Is this patch commited for the current kernel GIT so that it will appear on
> the next kernel release?
>
> Cheers
> Gustavo

No, I just wrote it today based on the stack traces you sent. I'm
pretty sure that the patch is correct, but unfortunately it's tough to
be certain it'll fix the problem you reported.

If you don't have a way to test it, I'll probably just go ahead and
send it to Steve later this week once I've given it some smoke testing.
We'll just have to hope for the best in that case.

Cheers,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at samba.org>