[linux-cifs-client] kernel crash - CIFS client unstable on faulty network conditions

Gustavo Carvalho Homem gustavo at angulosolido.pt
Wed Dec 2 14:12:54 MST 2009

Hi,

> Dec  2 15:14:10 CGDWX08027093 klogd: ---[ end trace 93d72a36b9146f25 ]---
> >
> > -------------------------------------
>
> Hard to be sure from the info here but I think I might see the problem...
>
> Can you reproduce this at will? If you can, could you let me know
> whether the attached patch fixes it? Note that I haven't even compile
> tested it, but it's pretty straightforward.

We can't reproduce this because we don't have rights over the windows
infra-structure that got unstable. And I belive that it won't stay unstable
for long :|

We'll see if the symptom persists.

Is this patch commited for the current kernel GIT so that it will appear on
the next kernel release?

Cheers
Gustavo
--
Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt