[linux-cifs-client] pull request for jlayton's cifs.git tree (fix for DELETE_ON_CLOSE setting)

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 17:57:27 GMT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:48:38 -0400
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com> wrote:

> Another day, another pull request :)
>
> Nothing too earth shattering here...
>
> The second patch cleans up a bad merge from a patch that was merged
> yesterday. The third patch has been changed to do a QPathInfo before
> trying to set the delete_on_close bit. I did that work before I got
> your email with the info on the delete_on_close bit, so it may not be
> quite right yet.
>
> I think the first two patches are ready to go in ASAP. Comments are
> welcome on the last three...

Found one other problem with the existing code. When you try to open a busy
file on win2k3 with CREATE_DELETE_ON_CLOSE set, it returns
NT_STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE. This adds a fixup patch that tries to open the
file with that bit set first and then tries w/o it later. It also clarifies
the comment in the workaround for the ENOENT error on SetFileDisposition.

This patch seems to make the cthon04 op_chmod test pass against samba and
all recent versions of windows (I tested win2k3, win2k8, and vista). New
pull request follows:

------------[snip]-----------

The following changes since commit dfd15c46a6c2cafb006183c0c14f07e59eee4ac0:
  Jeff Layton (1):
        cifs: explicitly revoke SPNEGO key after session setup

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/jlayton/cifs.git cifs-next

Jeff Layton (6):
      cifs: retry open without CREATE_DELETE_ON_CLOSE if first one fails
      cifs: update DOS attributes in cifsInode if we successfully changed them
      cifs: no need to use rcu_assign_pointer on immutable keys
      cifs: undo changes in cifs_rename_pending_delete if it errors out
      cifs: clean up error handling in cifs_unlink
      cifs: make cifs_rename handle -EACCES errors

 fs/cifs/cifs_spnego.c |    2 +-
 fs/cifs/dns_resolve.c |    2 +-