[linux-cifs-client] updated patches in cifs-next branch of my git tree

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 12:03:48 GMT 2008

Hi Steve,

I think I've fixed the cifs_unlink problems that I was seeing last
night. I've updated my cifs.git tree with a new set of patches. The
first two patches in the set are bugfixes for the patches that have
already been taken into your tree.

The first one fixes an inverted NULL check (duh). And the second
one tries to deal better with the DELETE_ON_CLOSE bit when dealing
with samba.

The last patch in the set is a fixed version of Nick Piggin's
patch to change cifs over to write_begin/write_end. It seems to
work for me, but more testing on that would be good...

The other patches will probably be familiar.

Pull request follows. Note that I've changed the name of the branch
from "for-steve" to "cifs-next". I'm hoping to try to keep that
branch updated with patches that are intended for linux-next.

-------------[snip]-----------

The following changes since commit 9d81523480c8c5b07a4899a084b3f4264a575184:
  Steve French (1):
        [CIFS] clean up upcall handling for dns_resolver keys

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/jlayton/cifs.git cifs-next

Jeff Layton (9):
      cifs: fix inverted NULL check after kmalloc
      cifs: work around samba returning -ENOENT on SetFileDisposition call
      cifs: explicitly revoke SPNEGO key after session setup
      cifs: no need to use rcu_assign_pointer on immutable keys
      cifs: remove NULL termination from rename target in CIFSSMBRenameOpenFIle
      cifs: undo changes in cifs_rename_pending_delete if it errors out
      cifs: clean up error handling in cifs_unlink
      cifs: update DOS attributes in cifsInode if we successfully changed them
      cifs: make cifs_rename handle -EACCES errors

Nick Piggin (1):
      cifs: Convert cifs to new aops.

 fs/cifs/cifs_spnego.c |    2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifsproto.h   |    2 +-