[linux-cifs-client] cannot write to file after move to 2.6.27 from 2.6.25.4

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Thu Oct 16 12:53:41 GMT 2008

Jeff Layton wrote:

[..]

> I *think* some older samba versions had semi-broken DFS support. CIFS
> DFS support went into 2.6.26 (I think). It may be that 2.6.25 didn't
> send fully-qualified pathnames like this. So instead of:

Yes that's exactly what it is.

[..]
> ...if so, you may be able to work around this by disabling DFS support
> altogether at the server (host msdfs = no). A samba upgrade is probably
> also a good thing to consider here.

I tried disabling dfs on the server but that breaks things for some of
the windows clients on our network. I was going to look at upgrading the
server, but I see a patch just landed on the list to add a 'nodfs'
option to the mounts, so I'll try that out .. thank you!

TTimo