[linux-cifs-client] CIFS size not reported correctly when mounted with recent Fedora kernels

Scott Ingram Scott.Ingram at tns-mi.com
Tue Oct 14 22:37:52 GMT 2008

I have a ~92 TB filesystem being served by Samba that mounts under
Fedora FC5 (2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp) and reports the correct file system
size; but when mounted under FC7 (2.6.23.17-88.fc7, also FC8 cifs v.
1.50) the file system size appears to be truncated.

I think the cifs code with FC5 is version 1.39, but I am not sure what
version is in the FC7 kernel.

Is there a configuration variable that I am missing to build the cifs
module to handle that size file system?

Thanks in advance,
--
Scott Ingram <Scott.Ingram at tns-mi.com>