[linux-cifs-client] how to automatically and periodically mount?

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at lab.vectoris.fr
Thu Nov 27 07:11:59 GMT 2008

Hi,

We (in Madagascar) use to turn off the boxes at night.

In the morning, we wake the boxes up all together and the windows boxes
are a bit slower to wake up (dont feed the troll) so that their share
are not ready when the Linux boxes try to mount the cifs partitions
(listed in /etc/fstab).

How to make the cifs mounting to de retried some amount of time later,
until the mount succed?

Whe are running Xubuntu, and I am a mid-level sysadmin.

Thank you.