[linux-cifs-client] Re: fsx-linux failing with latest cifs-2.6 git tree

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 04:04:04 GMT 2008

Do you know why someone added the AOP_FLAG_UNITERRUPTIBLE check in
cifs_write_begin instead of always marking a page up to date if we are
writing the whole page?  How often would that flag be set - I only see
it in the path which calls generic_file_buffered_write

 	/* If we are writing a full page it will be up to date,
 	   no need to read from the server */
 	if (len == PAGE_CACHE_SIZE && flags & AOP_FLAG_UNINTERRUPTIBLE)

It seems restrictive
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:32:05 -0600
> "Steve French" <smfrench at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks fine to me, you can add in the acked-by ... if Dave or Nick
>> agree and it tests out ok then I will push to cifs-2.6.git within next
>> day or so.
>>

> Testing seems fine with this patch. Connectathon suite still passes,
> and fsx and fsstress both ran overnight without errors.
>
> --
> Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>

Steve