[linux-cifs-client] Re: Directio parameter

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:07:25 GMT 2008

Either "forcedirectio" or "directio" will work and will do the same
thing (turn off caching on the client for this mount),  In the most
current versions of cifs.ko (1.53) you can more easily see that they
are the same.  Now when you look at /proc/mounts you will see
"directio" displayed for that (we did not use to display for
informational purposes some of the mount options).   If cifs does not
understand a mount option it will log a warning to dmesg.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:50 AM, Haag wrote:
> I want to use the directio parameter
> when mouting my cifs share. I have a cifs 1.50 version . In the
> documentation downloadable on http://linux-cifs.samba.org
>
> which refers only to version 1.47  the parameter is called "forcedirectio".
> But in the man pages the parameter is called "directio" .
>
> I tried both , but unfortunately when mouting the volume I doesn't have any
> error message for one of the 2 case. So I don't know which should be used .

Steve