[linux-cifs-client] DFS works

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Thu May 22 00:39:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:12:32 -0400
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008 23:05:05 -0500
> "Steve French" <smfrench at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In current cifs-2.6.git tree - DFS works.  My difficulty with the
> > dns_resolver.sh script was just setting the permissions correctly on
> > the file (and not realizing where the debug messages for request-key
> > were logged ie /var/log/warn rather than being viewable directly from
> > dmesg).
> >
> > Thanks to Igor for excellent work.
> >

> Excellent news! I searched back through the archives and don't seem to
> be able to find it...
>
> Where do I get a copy of dns_resolver.sh? I'd like to test this code
> out...

Steve sent me a copy. I'm not sure that I like using "host" to get this
info. That pretty much requires that the host will be in DNS. Wouldn't
it make more sense to do a gethostbyname() or something so that you can
resolve from any hosts database?

Here's a respun script that changes the host call to:

getent hosts <host> | head -1 | cut -d' ' -f1

Thoughts?